Korean beauty brands have been getting a lot of buzz worldwide for their innovative formulations, gorgeous packaging, reliable results and amazing value. But if you're new to the K-Beauty game, figuring out where to start can be a little overwhelming.
At KokoGlow, we have one of the widest range of Korean sheet masks brands available to buy online in Australia. We've handpicked some of Korea's biggest and best known brands as well as a few of the more boutique brands that have small but dedicated cult followings. And we've curated them into easy to understand collections so it's even easier to work out which mask type is best for you. But if you're still having problems sorting out your TONYMOLY's from your Holika Holikas, here's a short summary of each of the brands.
- Banila & Co: is a cosmetics brand owned by a Seoul based clothing company. Founded in 2005, Banila has a best seller list of CC creams, makeup primers and that cult fave make up remover Clean It Zero. Their products lean towards the more sophisticated side and their Miss Flower & Mr Honey Hydrogel Mask Sheet is to die for which is why it's made it's way into our The Best of the Best Collection.
- Cosrx: the brand name is made up of Cos, meaning "cosmetic" and Rx, a pharmaceutical symbol meaning "prescription" or "treatment". Put together Cosrx is a brand that uses science to determine what the best ingredients will be most effective for skin care. They pay particular focus to creating products that are effective and still safe and as natural as possible so any side-effects are minimised. Their brand symbol is a water drop which symbolises their dedication to using natural ingredients. Well known for their cutting edge Acne Pimple Patches, this is the only product from the Cosrx range. In fact, it's so well regarded, we've also included it in our Calm Down and Clarify! Collection.
- Dr Jart+: a skincare brand that is dermatologist and sensitive skin friendly. Dr Jart believes in the true spirit of science and is at the forefront of dermatological research, working closely with dermatologists, clinics and in collaboration at research universities. A popular brand overseas, you'll also found it ranged in Sephora stores.
- Etude House: the first makeup brand in Korea. Stores are everywhere in Korea and they are best known for their bright, colourful, fun products, cute packaging and affordable prices.
- Holika Holika: very similar to Etude House but has a bit of a witch theme. Go figure! Their best seller is their Pig-Nose Clear Blackhead 3 Step Kit which we include in our Calm Down and Clarify! Collection.
- Innisfree: the first natural Korean brand. Innisfree is committed to an eco-friendly green life that works in harmony with the environment whilst helping to preserve it. Nature and its pure ingredients are studied heavily and feature in all their products and they pack every product in eco-friendly containers. Many of the skincare products use ingredients from the pristine Jeju Island (kind of like the Hawaii of South Korea).
- It's Skin: high end skincare based brand that focuses on providing clinical grade solutions for common everyday skin problems. Every product is developed with dermatologists using state of the art techniques. A cult Korean label that is committed to producing great products made with gentle ingredients.
- Leaders: one of the leading sheet mask brands in Korea. Leaders is founded by dermatologits and skin specialists. Their masks are full of the latest ingredients leveraging all the latest science and technologies.
- Mizon: are best known for their high quality innovative products in both skincare and beauty. Popular products include the CC creams, BB creams, make up bases and cheek stains.
- Papa Recipe: a small organic brand that began with a father who personally create a "daughter loving organic jojoba oil" for his duaghter who had troublesome skin since birth. Not well known but it's masks have a small cult following - we've included the most favourite in our The Best of the Best Collection.
- TonyMoly: a popular favourite and now global brand known for adorable and cheeky packaging. TonyMoly has an eco-friendly focus on natural and organic ingredients and ethical skincare.
- Nature Republic: a skincare brand that aims to infuse the power of nature into daily skincare. Their popular skincare products including the cult Aloe Vera Soothing Gel are made from the most natural ingredients sourced from all over the world.
- The Face Shop: The Face Shop is a huge Korean cosmetic retailer with stores all over Korea and the world. Their promise is to blend science and nature to produce high quality products at affordable prices. Their slogan "Natural Story" represents over 1000 products made of 600 natural ingredients such as rice, flower extract, fruits and herbs. Their face masks use a a squeeze and extraction process where the whole natural plant extract is ground with water and the essence is impregnated into little air pockets in the mask sheet.
- Skinfood: known for their "Delicious Cosmetics Made of Delicious Food" slogan, Skinfood is a cult Korean brand that believes healthy food for your body can be healthy for your skin too. They extract all sorts of skin enhancing ingredients from grains, vegetables, fruits and other wholesome food to bring you the best products from nature.
- SNP: a professional brand that aims for healthy skin through the deep understanding of its consumers and skin science. The ingredients used in their products are scientifically verified and certified to be safe.
- Whamisa: Here's a quote from their website. "Whamisa is not fancy, not luxurious. Just like a mother hands, honestly put our heart and soul." WOW! Small and not as well known as the other brands, Whamisa has a cult following due to its use of all organic, natural products like flower extracts, seeds, fruits and grains.
Want to see a brand here that we don't stock? Send us an email to let us know.